We are sorry to confirm major disruption to cross-Channel routes due to strikes in France today. We are doing all we can to deliver and collect on time but, unfortunately, we are unable to prevent delays to some vehicles.
The Regions that have been affected today are:
- Nord / Pas de Calais region: CIT Roncq, Bethune, Houplines, Boulogne, Calais Centre, Dunkerque
- Boreaux F-33: Cestas Sector – Blocked
- Angers F-49: Carquefou St Nazaire – Blocked
- Gignac F-13: Port Louis Fos / Mer – Lavera – Vitrolles – Blocked
- Loscouet F-22: Rennes sector – Currently blocked
- Evreux F-27: Le Havre (including Port), Rouen and entire F-50 – Currently blocked
P&O Ferries staff from Calais Port joined the strike at 09:45am and service there is severely disrupted now with long queues forming. P&O and DFDS both have booths working in Calais, but are down to about half capacity. Lorries are being parked in the East Port.
At the Eurotunnel, services are still running normally but there are waiting times of 3-4 hours. Le Havre is closed.
No news available yet regarding when the disruption will come to an end but we will continue to post updates.
We would reiterate that where possible we will find alternative routes and are making contingencies for the knock-on effects over the next days which will result from the strike. Please bear with us while we try to keep delays to a minimum.