• France, United Kingdom, due to Channel Tunnel disruptions, contingencies are in place, situation is being monitored.
• Bangladesh. Dhaka due to technical difficulties with the local customs system causing backlogs with all inbound material, service impact expected.
• Indonesia, with the haze the Pollutant Standards Index (PSI) levels at Pekanbaru exceeds 500 and the visibility in the area is very poor. This will impact service delays. Situation is being monitored
• Typhoon warning, Typhoon 21W (Dujuan) has moved further inland into eastern China towards, situation is being monitored.
• Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone delays due to Ebola.
• Saudi Arabia, due to air strikes in Yemen all airports in South Saudi are closed and no commercial flights are being operated. Yemen is open for both Documents and Non-Documents service inbound and outbound with immediate effect, transit time from Dubai will be +10 days, service is via road to Sanaa.
• Brazil, due to nationwide customs strike, service delays possible.
• Hurricane Joaquin is moving toward the west – southwest and west -south-westward of the US coast situation is being monitored.
• Turks & Caisos Islands, due to excessive rainfall and flooding across the island from Hurricane Joaquin the office will be closed on 2nd October.
• Bahamas, due to deteriorating weather conditions from Hurricane Joaquin and as an abundance of caution, the DHL office will be closed on 2nd October and will reopen on 5th October.