Due to heavy snow and bad weather across the UK and Ireland please expect delays and cancellation of services.
- The south-west of England and Wales will be hit by blizzards on Thursday and Friday, the Met Office has warned.
- Thousands of schools across the UK will be closed until next week as parts of the UK faced red and amber weather warnings.
- Ch Insp Adrian Leisk, head of roads policing across Devon, Cornwall, Dorset, has urged the public to avoid all but essential travel by road, ahead of the red weather warning. The warning applies from 3pm in parts of Devon, Somerset and south Wales.
- Met Office issues red severe weather warning for snow
- Heathrow flights cancelled
- Road closures, stranded vehicles and cancellations were widespread due to snow and ice.
- Weather Warnings
The weather is now much worse across the UK and the Met office have now upgraded the weather alert for the central belt of Scotland to RED. We also have AMBER alerts across much of the UK
*Due to the coverage and widespread area of the delays, this will have a detrimental effect due to freight back log when normal services resume.